We respect your right to confidentiality. We use the information that we collect on our website to provide you with superior customer service and to notify you about our products, services and promotions.
How we collect your information
- We collect information when you complete our online forms, register on our website, contact us by email/phone or purchase our products online or by email/phone.
- We record all discussions with you via email.
What information we collect from you
- The personal information we collect might include your name, company name, address, phone number, fax number, email address and IP address.
- We use "cookies" to enhance your experience. The information generated by the cookie helps us understand your interests and improve our website. The cookie does not contain personal details. For more information, read our Cookies Policy.
- When you place an order online using your credit/debit card, we hold your encrypted card number which allows us to see ONLY the last 4 digits. Your full credit card information is collected by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
What we do with your information
We use your information to:
- Send you the products you have ordered from us online, by email or phone.
- Notify you of changes to our services, part numbers or prices.
- Forward you marketing emails containing special offers and promotions run by Special Team. All email that originates from Special Team are sent as the result of signing up on SpecialTeam.com or one of our affiliate brands.
- Record your browsing history on our website via cookies. For more information, read our Cookies Policy.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
Who we share your information with
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
We share your details with our affiliate brands and selected partners. When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the required service. We have agreements in place that require third parties to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
These partners may include:
- Cloud Providers that help us communicate with you
- Payment service providers that process your payment information on our behalf
- Couriers that help deliver our products to you
- Lawyers representing us in the event of a legal claim
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies (if there is a legal reason to share your data with them)
- Search engine operators that help us understand how to improve our visibility online
- Online email marketing companies that help us keep you up to date with offers and services.
As part of the services offered to you through this website, some of your information may be transferred to our affiliate brands and selected partners in countries outside the European Union (EU) or your home country. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as your own country. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing and processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU or your home country, we will take appropriate security steps to protect your personal data as outlined in this Policy.
How we ensure your data is kept secure
Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet. This can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us, then you can select that option by selecting the relevant box on the form you are submitting. Alternatively, you can be removed from our list at any time by clicking here. We honour all removal requests.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email or phone unless you have given your prior consent.
How to access and update your information
If you need to make changes to your contact details, want to delete your personal information we have on file or if any information we hold on you is inaccurate, please email us at Service@SpecialTeam.com or contact us here.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Special Team holds about you. We may charge a service fee for information requests to cover our costs.
You must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorised representative.